Panzura’s patented hybrid cloud storage software seamlessly combines the economics, unlimited capacity, and pay as you grow business model of cloud storage with the flexibility, performance, and features of enterprise storage.
Panzura offers three hybrid cloud storage solutions:
- Panzura Freedom Archive™ provides online access to data, allowing rapid retrieval whenever needed. Freedom Archive dramatically improves archiving access and cost while providing a platform that can scale up or down as needed, never oversubscribing, and eliminating the need for forward provisioning or capacity planning.
- Panzura Freedom NAS™ centralizes your file data in the cloud, while keeping active data cached close to the users. It behaves just like a local, Windows filer or NAS to users, but is backed by a central cloud data repository. It’s simpler, faster, and less expensive than deploying primary, backup, and archive storage at each site. Freedom NAS provides a Global Namespace across locations and comes in two options:
- The Primary/Secondary option enables two locations to have read/write capability locally and read capability at other location, similar to a NetApp NAS systems at each location with SnapMirror replicating to the second location.
- The Multisite option takes that same concept to a larger number of offices. Every location has read/write capability locally and read capability at other locations.
- Panzura Freedom Collaboration™ overlays a Distributed Cloud File System over all Freedom NAS locations with Distributed File Locking and Global Dedupe. Each site is in the same single Distributed File System and has read/write capability locally in that file system.
All three solutions use Panzura Freedom Filer™ appliances together with public or private cloud storage. A Freedom Filer solution is available as a physical or virtual appliance, or can run directly in the cloud.
The following table summarizes the features available for each of the Freedom products.
|Freedom Archive||Freedom NAS||Freedom Collaboration|
|Deduplication and Compression||Deduplication and Compression||Deduplication and Compression|
|Intelligent Caching||Intelligent Caching||Intelligent Caching|
|Cloud-backed with 11 nines of availability||Cloud-backed with 11 nines of availability||Cloud-backed with 11 nines of availability|
|FIPS 140-2 certified with AES-256 bit encryption||FIPS 140-2 certified with AES-256 bit encryption||FIPS 140-2 certified with AES-256 bit encryption|
|Database and VMDK archiving||All tiers of storage in one||All tiers of storage in one|
|Offsite protection||Global namespace||Global namespace|
|Extended access control lists (ACLs)||Extended access control lists (ACLs)|
|File integrity everywhere|
|Distributed file and element locking|
|Fast sync for large files|
With Panzura: Flash and Cloud Integrated as One
Organizations like Chevron, Milwaukee Tool, and the Department of Justice use Panzura products to eliminate islands of storage, reduce their total storage costs by up to 70 percent, distribute 50GB+ files to global sites, archive cold data to the cloud, and accelerate cross-site collaboration for even the most complex applications such as CAD, design, PLM, and software build applications.
For more information, download the Freedom family solution brief.