Panzura, the leading provider of innovative cloud storage solutions, is fundamentally changing the way Global Enterprises are solving their storage challenges. With a solid list of Fortune 500 customers, and backed by top-tier VC partners, Panzura is well positioned to continue its leadership position in this rapidly growing market with the global sales of our Multi-Site File System and Cloud Controllers.
With a breadth of executive leadership from the likes of NetApp, Riverbed, Veritas, Aruba Networks, Alteon WebSystems, Fore, and Cisco, Panzura offers an incredibly competitive compensation and benefits package, including stock options, giving you an opportunity to earn equity in this nascent market.
As a Systems Engineer in Panzura’s Sales function, you are responsible for providing pre-sales and post-sales support for selling Panzura’s Products or Services to existing and potential customers. You will utilize your excellent technical and relationship building skills in working with vendors, partners and sales to ensure that optimum systems solutions are provided to customers.
In this position your overall focus areas will be in supporting and developing processes and systems for quick and thorough responses to customer RFP’s, provide systems configuration recommendations, and apply your background and experience to deliver solutions to technical problems.
The essential responsibilities of the Systems Engineers are to work directly with customers in pre-sales and post sales situations, and to work effectively across functions with other Panzura’s employees in Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Development areas. Specific responsibilities include:
- Identify customer needs and requirements.
- Define all of the elements of a customer’s technical computing environment.
- Answer customer questions.
- Provide technical support to current customer and ‘try-and-buy’ test projects.
- Defining customer acceptance criteria for ‘try-and-buy’ evaluation projects.
- Pickup and deliver Panzura evaluation test system to customer site.
- Work with Sales to respond to RFP’s.
- Attending customer calls with the Sales Representative.
- Provide technical consultation and disseminate product information to the sales team.
- Provide direction and mentorship to more junior Systems Engineers in the department.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order work successfully with prospects, customers, and cross functional teams to meet performance goals.
- Account management and project management experience.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Travel to the prospective customer’s sites as necessary
- As a seasoned professional with a wide range of experiences, this individual uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Is responsible for a specific geographical install base and large, complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important accounts.
- This individual effectively works with, and influences senior internal personnel within the function, employees in other functions that support the sales effort, and has direct customer contact.
- Limited management supervision and direction is provided since this individual operates and drives results independently.
- The ideal candidate is a subject matter expert and strongly influences sales team decisions and initiatives. May also act as a team leader and major decision maker for team projects.
Education and Experience:
- 8 to 12 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent is required. A Graduate Degree is desired.
- Experience that demonstrates a significant level of expertise in technical specifications needed to sell Panzura’s products and services is required.
- Specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth.
Panzura takes pride in developing and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, Panzura welcomes opportunities to learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.