There’s no doubt that the healthcare crisis has caused an extreme and immediate spike in the remote workforce; the biggest question now is how can enterprises implement cost-saving solutions capable of delivering the same data access, regardless of where enterprise workers are located, and on any device. While IT works to protect and secure data, providing seamless access to enterprise users outside of the office is table stakes, and an urgent challenge, for continuing business as usual.
Panzura Freedom, a multi-cloud file services solution is underpinned by Panzura CloudFS™, the first enterprise Global Cloud File System. Panzura Freedom consolidates storage, replaces legacy NAS, and enables real-time, global collaboration with anywhere access to your data. With Panzura Freedom, customers gain the economics, scalability, and durability of the cloud while achieving data center performance.
Announced today, Panzura Mobile 3.5 extends the power of Panzura Freedom™ Global Cloud File System to mobile enterprise workers, providing much-needed flexibility and true data mobility in a secure environment. Significant enhancements to our mobile enterprise file sync and share (EFSS) solution enable customers for the first time to scale securely to support hundreds of millions of files and access to up to hundreds of terabytes of data from any Web browser, iOS or Android device, critical for remote workers.
Benefits of Panzura Mobile
While other EFSS solutions — typically consumer rather than enterprise-based — enable the sharing of files across devices, they also take the control of data outside of IT, risking data theft, cybersecurity breaches, and a failure to meet compliance. Using these EFSS solutions can also unnecessarily duplicate files and introduce sync issues where files may become corrupted, or employees find themselves losing productivity by collaborating on the wrong version of the file.
Panzura Mobile 3.5 enables enterprises to regain control of user data and device access by providing direct access to the file server, where users are authenticated using Active Directory credentials. This means that data is never cached and therefore users are inherently always guaranteed access to the latest file version, never out of sync with the filer. Deep admin controls that ensure files are never inadvertently shared outside of the organization, and companies can share hundreds of terabytes of data with their field employees without the need to copy it all to a third party, standalone EFSS solution.
New Panzura Mobile 3.5 features
Based on direct customer feedback, we incorporated significant enhancements into version 3.5, including:
- • True enterprise-scale – Panzura’s upgraded Mobile platform can support making hundreds of millions of files accessible to hundreds of thousands of workers remotely, making remote collaboration straightforward and real-time
- • Single sign-on – Using Okta, enterprises can now support single sign-on and multi-factor authentication using SMS, email or the Okta app for mobile devices, offering convenience and rapid authentication
- • Watermarking of files – Enterprises can customize a watermark, placed through image and PDF files, that has options for the user’s email, time and date or customized text, providing intellectual property protection
- • Splash screen – Enterprise users can remain informed on how to use the mobile application, policies within the organization or any recent events that might be necessary to communicate
- • Real-time refresh sync button – End-users can sync a specific file with the active Panzura Global File system
- • Updated clients – for IOS, Android, Web interface, Windows, and MacOS.
“Panzura eliminated the latency problems we were experiencing that made it so difficult for our distributed team to collaborate efficiently,” said Eric Quinn, CTO at the C&S Companies, a leader in the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) sector. “Before we implemented Panzura, our users wasted several minutes opening even the smallest design files from our different offices. Productivity was significantly impacted, and employee satisfaction suffered.”
“With Panzura Freedom, we dramatically reduced time-to-access data files to a few seconds, no matter where employees worked. Having Panzura’s technology in place allowed us to easily, and essentially instantaneously, grow our remote workforce from 50 to 550 people virtually overnight. Now, Panzura’s integrated EFSS solution gives our remote workers much-needed flexibility and true mobility as a natural, powerful extension of our ‘Anytime, Anywhere’ work capabilities. It’s also a natural fit in our data security and external team collaboration efforts.”
Doug Dahlberg Director of IT Operations, at ASTI, which has grown to become one of the largest AEC, Autodesk MEP Fabrication and Manufacturing System integrators in North America, added, “As an Elite Panzura partner, we are seeing a massive demand for tools like Panzura Mobile that help bring the office to enterprise workers, regardless of their location or device. Many enterprises are deciding to add Panzura Mobile to their Panzura Freedom environment because they can be much more confident that their data is secure outside of their physical location. Employees can access data and collaborate in real-time, significantly improving their workflows.”
To get started, email firstname.lastname@example.org, and then visit the Apple or Android app stores to download Panzura Mobile 3.5 to your mobile device. We look forward to serving you!
• Watermarking of files – Enterprises can customize a watermark, placed through image and PDF files, that has options for the user’s email, time and date or customized text, providing intellectual property protection