What is a Panzura Cloud File System?
The Panzura Cloud File System (PCFS) is a distributed cloud file system works the way you do. It’s a system for storing your application data that spans the globe, giving your users in Singapore the same fast, consistent access to files as your users in New York or London. The patented Panzura Cloud File System (PCFS) lets users in different offices work together like they’re in the same room — even on the largest, most complex files.
Why do you need a distributed cloud file system? The way we all work has evolved, but file storage hasn’t changed substantially in over a decade. It’s time for file storage to catch up.
How does the Panzura Cloud File System work?
The PCFS looks and acts just like an enterprise NAS, and looks like a standard Windows file share to your applications and users — but unlike traditional NAS or SAN infrastructure, it is designed to span offices around the globe. It’s a “NAS in the sky”. Here’s how it works:
- Panzura Freedom instances at each site connect to each other and to a master data source. The Freedom Family can be deployed on a Freedom Filer, as a virtual machine (VM), or as an in-cloud instance.
- Frequently used files are cached at each office for fast access.
- Files are kept constantly synchronized across all sites.
- Users can access the same file at the same time, even if they’re thousands of miles apart.
- The master copy is kept synchronized with the public or private cloud provider of your chioce. Byte-range global locking technology protects files from being accidentally overwritten.
Panzura Cloud File System
Another key part of our technology that helps maintain data consistency and integrity is a global namespace that spans all sites.