The NAS series of Quicksilver Cloud Storage Controllers have been tuned specifically to bring the benefits of local NAS to a globally-distributed enterprise. Built upon the industry’s first true enterprise-class, cloud-integrated global file system and unified namespace, the Quicksilver NAS series allows any user to access the latest version of any file from any location at any time with little to no latency. The Panzura Global Cloud Storage System supports Exabyte-level capacity, leverages cloud (public or private) economics, and is a seamless transition for anyone familiar with traditional NAS. The Quicksilver NAS series provides all of the standard benefits of the Panzura Global Cloud Storage System, including:
- A real-time, automated global file system and unified namespace for a common view of all files across all locations at all times that is consistent and accessible from anywhere.
- Dynamic file locking to arbitrate write access to a single file for users in geographically dispersed locations.
- Full cloud integration for authoritative copies of files providing low cost, infinite scalability, and data protection via continuous replication.
- Large local cache and data pinning capabilities to bring LAN-speed access to commonly-used files (with SSD option).
- Extended file system access control lists (ACLs) to enforce permissions.
- Up to 10,000 user-managed snapshots per controller for self-service recovery of deleted files.
- The industry’s only true global deduplication solution that makes sure only unique data across all sites gets sent to the cloud, combining with compression to minimize capacity needs.
- 10GbE connectivity and WAN optimization for high-speed throughput to cloud and other sites.
- Military-grade AES-256-CBC encryption for data at rest in the cloud.
- Support for CIFS and NFS interfaces
- Active Directory integration
Example NAS use cases:
- Graphic artists working in teams across global sites to render a new animation sequence for a video.
- Engineers at multiple locations collaborating on a common set of designs for a multi-national construction project.
- Globally-dispersed teams of software developers working in sequence throughout the day on a new application using “follow-the-sun” engineering.
- A multinational firm reducing expenditures for onsite high-performance hard disks by moving tier-2+ data to the cloud.
Quicksilver NAS series controllers are available in VM, 1U, or 2U configurations. The VM is available individually or as a group of 5, while the physical devices come in all HDD (for high local cache capacity and low cost), all SSD (for high performance), or mixed HDD/SSD (for balanced benefits) configurations. For general information on the Quicksilver family of Cloud Storage Controllers, see the Quicksilver Datasheet.