Panzura Freedom NAS™ enables organizations to break free from the storage status quo and eliminate islands of storage by consolidating their unstructured data to the cloud. They get true data center performance with the economics, scalability, and durability of the cloud. Centralize all your unstructured data in the cloud, while keeping active data cached close to users. This modern cloud plus cache model is simpler, faster, and less expensive than deploying traditional primary, backup, and archive storage at each site.
Panzura provides the freedom to use the cloud storage provider of your choice, public or private. Panzura never puts your data at risk and always keeps your data where it belongs, in your cloud account and in your control. Freedom NAS can be deployed across your organization using any combination of Panzura Freedom Filers, virtual machines (VMs) on your existing virtual environment, or as in-cloud instances.
Panzura snapshots use enterprise class, space-efficient technology that never impacts performance to store all the snapshots you will ever need in the cloud. Restore to any point in time almost instantly from a full file system down to an individual file. Combined with the 13 9s of cloud durability, Freedom NAS not only replaces your local Windows Filer or NAS, but also eliminates the need for separate backup, DR, and archive systems for that data as well as WAN acceleration and expensive private networks needed for replication.
Freedom NAS provides a Global Namespace across locations and comes in two options:
- The primary/secondary option enables two locations to have read/write capability locally and read capability at the other location, similar to a NetApp NAS system at each location with SnapMirror replicating to the second location.
- The Multisite option takes that same concept to a larger number of offices. Every location has read/write capability locally and read capability at other locations.
Freedom NAS provides several benefits:
- Eliminate inefficient local NAS and file servers at each office. Panzura turns your choice of public or private cloud storage into a giant “NAS in the sky” and makes it the authoritative source for all your file data, while files feel like they’re local for every user.
- Remove local backups or cumbersome tapes. Cloud providers have up to 13 9s of durability and are architected with redundancy to withstand the loss of two data centers without data interruption, so you can consolidate backup and tape archive operations to the cloud.
- Pay-as-you-go. With cloud, you only pay your cloud provider for the storage you need, so you can take advantage of the falling price of cloud storage, and immediately scale your cloud instance to best suit your data needs.
Freedom NAS features include:
- All tiers of storage in one. Since all of your data lives in the cloud, it’s automatically protected by your cloud provider. No more backup, no more tape, no more replication for DR.
- Deduplication and compression. This means much more efficient storage and backup, more room for files, less data sent over your network, and best of all — lower cloud storage costs.
- Intelligent caching. Active data is cached on each Filer, speeding up performance when users access data.
- Cloud-backed with 13 9s of durability. Panzura connects to a public or private cloud of your choice and uses it as the authoritative copy of all your files.
- Snapshots. We snapshot the entire file system using enterprise class technology that never impacts performance. Store all the snapshots you will ever need in the cloud.
- Extended access control lists (ACLs) for granular permissions-based file access.
- Security that three letter agencies trust. Our customers include the NIST, the organization that certifies FIPS. Why? Panzura is FIPS 140-2 compliant with AES-256 bit encryption, so your data is secure at rest and in- flight, whether it’s on a local Filer or in the cloud.
- Global Namespace. Visibility of all files to all users at all times with no change to user workflows.