Panzura Freedom Archive replaces expensive single site NAS systems with a hybrid cloud storage platform that combines data center performance with the economics, scalability, and durability of the cloud. Freedom Archive can replace your entire backup and archive infrastructure with a more resilient, automated solution. It provides business continuity because it appears to users like a local network drive, while storing all unstructured data in the cloud. Local performance is provided by high-performance flash and advanced caching algorithms that ensure that every application has the data it needs, when it is needed.
Panzura provides the freedom to have your cloud, your way. Choose the public or private cloud provider of your choice. Deploy on a Panzura Freedom Filer, as a virtual machine (VM) on your existing virtual infrastructure, or as an in-cloud instance.
The authoritative copy of all of your files are stored in the cloud, which can offer up to 13 9s of durability. The combination of cloud durability and Panzura enterprise class snapshots, which provide immediate point in time recovery from a full file system down to an individual file, offers true enterprise-class resiliency. This saves you time and money by eliminating tape, local backups, and offsite replication.
Data is deduplicated and compressed before it’s sent to the cloud, so each unique block is only sent once and stored once, minimizing both cloud storage and bandwidth costs. Panzura customers typically spend less on a month of cloud storage than they do on a week of tape backups.
Some example use cases for Freedom Archive include:
Freedom Archive for Surveillance Video: Active Archiving of surveillance video typically caching active files needed by video management systems on high-performance flash appliances and storing the inactive files on inexpensive object storage.
Freedom Archive for Medical Imaging: Retain less-frequently accessed imaging data with unlimited object storage capacity and a fast local cache.
Freedom Archive for Seismic Data: Store large seismic data files using less expensive object storage with unlimited capacity while enabling continued access to that data at any time.
Freedom Archive for Secure Data: Secure archiving of sensitive files from industries such as legal, financial, or government that require end-to-end FIPS 140-2 certification and the ability to access those files on-demand.
Freedom Archive features include:
- Deduplication and compression. This means much more efficient storage and backup, more room for files, less data sent over your network, and best of all — lower cloud storage costs.
- Intelligent caching. Active data is cached on your Panzura Freedom Filer™, speeding up performance when users access data.
- Cloud-backed with 13 9s of durability. Freedom Archive connects to the public or private cloud of your choice and uses it to store the authoritative copy of all your files.
- Enterprise class snapshots. Store all the snapshots you will ever need in the cloud using enterprise class snapshots that never impact performance with the ability to quickly restore from a full file system down to an individual file.
- Your cloud, your way. Deploy your Freedom Archive on a Panzura Freedom Filer, as a VM in your virtual environment, or as an in-cloud instance.
- Offsite protection without all the mess. No more storing tapes or drives offsite. Freedom Archive makes the cloud a single target for all archiving.
- Full POSIX protocol support. Freedom Archive fully supports the latest versions of SMB v3 and NFS v4 to deliver maximum performance and compatibility for your workloads.
- Support for database and VMDK archiving. Freedom Archive lets you use the cloud to archive VMware VMDK files and direct Oracle or SQL database dumps.
- Automated, centralized management. An intuitive GUI with powerful wizards makes setup and management fast and easy.
- Extended access control lists (ACLs) for granular permissions-based file access.
- Security that three letter agencies trust. Our customers include the NIST, the organization that certifies FIPS. Why? Panzura is FIPS 140-2 compliant with AES-256 bit encryption, so your data is secure at rest and in-flight, whether it’s on a local Filer or in the cloud.
Freedom Archive is available as a virtual appliance or on a Panzura Freedom Filer. A 30 day free trial of the Freedom Archive virtual appliance is available with details on this page.