Panzura, the leading provider of innovative cloud storage solutions, is fundamentally changing the way Global Enterprises are solving their storage challenges. With a solid list of Fortune 500 customers, and backed by top-tier VC partners, Panzura is well positioned to continue its leadership position in this rapidly growing market with the global sales of our Multi-Site File System and Cloud Controllers.
With a breadth of executive leadership from the likes of NetApp, Riverbed, Veritas, Aruba Networks, Alteon WebSystems, Fore, and Cisco, Panzura offers an incredibly competitive compensation and benefits package, including stock options, giving you an opportunity to earn equity in this nascent market.
We are currently seeking a Field Sales Representative in the Southeast area (GA- or FL-based preferred).
The Field Sales Representative will work in the development of new accounts in a given geographical territory. The Field Sales Representative is expected to develop the territory to be able to sustain $3-4m within 12 months. The Field Sales Representative is required to be in front of the end user, even if not selling directly, to build the relationship and share the Panzura story. This position will be field based and involve travel approximately 50%-60% of the time. The job involves managing the account and growing business through your own experience, including previously established relationships; so a successful applicant must have strong industry contacts and a demonstrated success in personally closing business in the specific vertical. The typical sales cycle requires a solution sales approach to avoid a long and complex sales cycle. The majority of sales go through channel partners; so strong contacts with related channels are a requirement.
- Drive new business by leveraging strong partner and customer contacts to gain access to end-users.
- Develop a strategic approach to grow the territory in terms of revenue and new accounts.
- Create and maintain a customer pipeline, hitting revenue goals on a quarterly basis.
- Establish executive level relationships, understanding the needs and language of our customer’s specific business using a solution sales methodology.
- Lead and coordinate complex, team selling efforts (with internal and external partners).
- Develop and maintain a strong partnership with all Panzura staff, particularly with Sales Engineers, Product Management, and Marketing.
- Develop a strong understanding of the customers’ technology infrastructure, strategy and business requirements.
- Leverage internal resources to create successful Proposals and Presentations in response to RFPs and other customer needs.
- Drive a territory strategy in alignment with Panzura brand strategy.
- Accurately forecast the territory sales pipeline projections using SalesForce.com.
- Consistently communicate with Panzura Sales Leadership including sales reports.
- Manage accurate data and recordkeeping in SalesForce.com to increase customer satisfaction and brand penetration.
- Attend trade shows and other activities to increase Panzura’s presence in the industry.
- Successfully negotiate with internal and external partners and end-user customers.
- Manage customer relationships post-sale; including a strategy to close repeat business.
- Must have 5+ years of experience in selling enterprise storage solutions, with strong technical expertise, including deep industry knowledge and contacts.
- Must have experience in selling within a Cloud environment with knowledge about unstructured/file data customer needs.
- Must consistently be top 25% of sales force in quota attainment.
- Must have experience personally negotiating large transactions and have been instrumental in closing those deals.
- Selling in a start-up, entrepreneurial environment a plus.
Panzura takes pride in developing and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, Panzura welcomes opportunities to learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.